Saturday, May 21, 2016

Mai Pen Rai Bungalows

Located in the remote beach of Than Sadet.
Booked the bungalow on the rock by Airbnb, didn't realize that the place is remote and far from the Full Moon Party in Haad Rin. When I came to know that the place was in remote area, from the instruction how to go from Airbnb, I decided to try to stay only one night, then move to Haad Rin for the Full Moon Party.
As per the instruction, from Thong Sala Pier, I looked for the once a day taxi that departs on 13:00, I had to look for Mr. Wat at Teets Than Sadet, to get onto the shared taxi for THB 200, if I missed this, I had to pay THB 800 for a private taxi.
I had a hard time to find the shared taxi (actually it was a Songthaew), had to ask more than 10 people, finally found it, fortunately the car had not departed.
Even though there was no other passengers except me, the driver didn't let me sit on the seat next to the driver in the front, so I had to sit on the back seat, and the road to the Than Sadet was windy mountain road, so I sit on the floor not to get car sick.
After about 45 minutes uncomfortable drive, finally I arrived in Than Sadet, the secluded beach.
My jaw dropped when I saw the natural lagoon beach in front of me.
Had to walk to the right end to the reception of my bungalow, Mai Pen Rai.
Since the receptionist couldn't find my booking (later on Airbnb host RoomFilla informed me there was some issue that my booking was not transferred properly), the boss, Mrs. Fiona gave me the key of a bungalow on the rock.
She asked me to follow the staff, who helped to bring one of my backpack.
We had to cross the white sandy beach to the other side, then climbed the rock.
Then we had to walk on the rock, passing a low pass that we had to bow lower to pass under the big stone.
When I arrive in my bungalow, my jaw dropped again.
The whole bungalow was for me!
One double bed and one single bed, the balcony with the sea view, that night I slept with the natural wave sound.
There are some waterfalls on the map, since I didn't have a motorbike, I hiked to the nearest one, there was a sign on the main road, went to the stairs down into the jungle from the main road and found the stream with many rocks. The waterfall was small, there was a pool, and some people were taking a nap on the rocks.
With the price of only USD 23 per night, this was a real treat!














No comments:

Post a Comment